- Quick Boston Facts
- Logan International Airport
- Air-Travel time between Boston & major foreign cities
- Fly/Drive time between Boston & major U.S. cities
- Riding the T: Public Transportation System (MBTA, "T")
- Auto Rentals
- Hotel Statistics
- Boston Weather
Quick Boston Facts:
- Population, city: 667,137 people (estimated by US Census Bureau July 2015)
- Population, metropolitan area: 3.7 million people
- 48 square miles in size
- The Freedom Trail: a three-mile historic walking trail through old Boston and Charlestown featuring: The Bunker Hill Monument: site of the first major battle of the Revolutionary War
- Paul Revere's House: the oldest wooden building in Boston
- The Old South Meeting House: where the Boston Tea Party was planned
- The USS Constitution: the oldest commissioned warship afloat in the U.S.
- Faneuil Hall: Built in 1742 as Boston's meeting and market place, also known as the "Cradle of Liberty"
- The African Meeting House was built in 1806 and is the nation's oldest existing black church.
Logan International Airport:
Visit massport.com or call 800-23-LOGAN for information on flight arrivals and departures, directions, parking, maps, terminals, weather updates, restaurants, shops and special services inside the airport.
Massport provides complimentary shuttle bus service between airline terminals, the Airport Station on the MBTA Blue Line, the Water Transportation Terminal and Economy Parking. The MBTA's Silver Line service (Route SL1), available at South Station, is a direct connection to and from the airport with drop off and pick up in front of Logan terminals. Taxis, water shuttles, shared van and bus service are also available. Visit massport.com to view all transportation options.
Air-Travel time between Boston & major foreign cities
|City||Flight Miles||Time In Flight|
|Berlin||3788||8 hrs, 30 min|
|Hong Kong||7967||22 hrs, 57 min|
|London||3271||6 hrs, 25 min|
|Montreal||254||1 hr 1 min|
|Paris||3436||6hrs, 30 min|
|Rome||4078||7hrs, 34 min|
|Sydney||10098||26 hrs, 5 min|
|Tokyo||6683||16 hrs, 15 min|
|Toronto||445||1 hr, 34 min|
Fly/Drive time between Boston & major U.S. cities
|City||Driving Miles||Driving Time||Time in Flight|
|Atlanta||1042||21.5 hrs||2.5 hrs|
|Chicago||965||19.5 hrs||2.5 hrs|
|Dallas||1745||35.5 hrs||4 hrs|
|Denver||1951||39 hrs||4.25 hrs|
|Detroit||797||16.5 hrs||2 hrs|
|Los Angeles||2966||59.5 hrs||6 hrs|
|1473||29.5 hrs||3 hrs|
|New Orleans||1501||30 hrs||4.75 hrs|
|New York||215||4.5 hrs||1 hr|
|Philadelphia||308||6.25 hrs||1.25 hrs|
|Salt Lake City||2341||47.5 hrs||5 hrs|
|Seattle||3971||59.75 hrs||6.25 hrs|
|Washington, DC||439||9.25 hrs||1.5 hrs|
Amtrak services Boston from South Station on Atlantic Avenue and from Back Bay Station on Dartmouth Street. The Downeaster provides train service from North Station to New Hampshire and Maine. Call Amtrak at 800-USA-RAIL or visit amtrak.com.
Public Transportation System (MBTA, "T"):
Boston's rapid transit system is one of the most extensive in the country, connecting all sections of the city with nearby communities like Cambridge and the North and South Shores. Visit mbta.com for schedule information.
MBTA Multi-Link Pass:
The T's Day/Week LinkPass gives visitors unlimited travel in Boston for one day ($12) or seven days ($21.50). "T" passes are available at all MBTA stations. Visit mbta.com for sales locations and travel information.
Rental agencies maintain offices at convenient locations throughout the city as well as Logan International Airport. Drivers must be at least 25 years of age. Contact the GBCVB at 617-536-4100 for a list of agencies.
Licenses issued by other states or international licenses issued by drivers' home countries are valid in Massachusetts.
No. of Hotels
No. of Rooms