Boston is the perfect place for you and your best friend. Whether you're dining, shopping, exploring the city’s green spaces, or grabbing the perfect pint – we've gathered the best dog-friendly activities and hotels for you and your pet.
Dog-Friendly Dining, Breweries, and Beer GardensBack to Top of List
There is no better dinner date than your pup to have a pint with. Boston has numerous outdoor options to wine and dine with your best friend. During the season, make sure to also check out some of Boston’s dog-friendly beer gardens, such as Cisco Beer Garden in the Seaport and Trillium on the Greenway.
Please also note the City of Boston Requirements for Dog Owners:
- ALL Dogs must have evidence of current license and rabies shot for each animal
- ALL Dogs leashed at all times, not fastened to a table
- No Dogs allowed on chairs, benches, tables, etc.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry or ask the patron with a dog to leave for failure to comply, fighting, barking, or any other disruptive behavior.
Dog-Friendly Events & ActivitiesBack to Top of List
There are so many events and activities to attend with your furry best friend. From ‘yappy hours’ to festivals, walking tours, and more – fill your dog-friendly itinerary with everything Boston has to offer. Check out dog-friendly walking tours such as the Freedom Trail, activities and excursions such as paddling on the Charles River or traveling with Boston Harbor City Cruises, shopping, and dining at neighborhood gems like Bow Market, or visiting Boston’s first dog park and bar, Park 9 in Everett.
Recurring daily. The Death and Dying Tour is the only ghost tour for adults only, this is the…
Recurring daily our All-Ages Ghosts of Boston Tour takes you on a family-friendly journey through…
Spend the evening chases the spirits of our Founding Fathers on our Haunted Pub Crawl of Boston's…
Grab your favorite fit and head to Park-9 on Friday, December 8th for our first-ever Ugly Sweater…
Come sip and paint a pet portrait at Park-9! Register online and upload the cutest picture of your…
We have a secret… Santa, Mrs. Claus and their elf will be at Park-9 on Saturday, December 16th to…
Dog-Friendly ShoppingBack to Top of List
Did someone say retail therapy? Bring your best furry friend along as you explore the best of Boston’s dog-friendly shopping. Don't miss out on dog-friendly markets and events such as SoWa Open Market or Open Newbury.
Dog-Friendly ParksBack to Top of List
Did you know Boston has 2300 acres of green space? That is so much space for you and your pet to explore! Whether it's exploring one of Boston's local parks, historic gardens or visiting a local beach (mainly dog-friendly after Labor Day), there is something for every adventure. Some of our favorites include The Charles River Esplanade, Castle Island Beach, the Emerald Necklace, and, of course, the Boston Common & Public Garden.
There are also many options throughout Boston’s 23 neighborhoods for dog-specific parks. Some of our recommendations include:
- RUFF North End Dog Park: Accessible from Prince Street through the Defilippino Playground and the intersection of Snow Hill and Hull Street.
- Carleton Court Dog Park: SW Corridor Park (between Dartmouth and W Newton St)
- Richmond Street Dog Park: Richmond Street between North and Fulton Streets.
- The Underground Dog Park: S Bay Harbor Trail – under the highway.
- South Boston Bark Park: 1280 Columbia Road
- Peters Park Dog Park: 1205 Washington St.
- East 1st Dog Park: 768-764 E 1st St.
- Playground Dog Park: 135-141 A St.
Dog-Friendly HotelsBack to Top of List
When traveling overnight to Boston, there are many options to bring your pup along. Check out our recommended list of dog-friendly hotels:
Dog-Friendly TravelBack to Top of List
Traveling with your pet should be easy and enjoyable. Check out the many ways to travel with them both to and from Boston, as well while you’re in the city – such as all MBTA routes.
#1 in Cruise Options. #1 in fun. Prepare to set sail with the nation’s largest private operator of passenger vessels, Boston Harbor Cruises. For 84 years, our family-owned operation has been manning the helm of the most high-tech…